Training and Presentations
Online classes for Professionals - 2 CEU's NAMI Minnesota is a Continuing Education Provider approved by the Board of Social Work, St. Paul, Minnesota. Continuing Education Provider Approval #CEP-83. Online courses Allies in Recovery and Compassion in Action will each provide you with 2 CEUs upon completion. You may then download and print a course completion certificate.
- Compassion into Action: Recognizing and Responding to Patients with Mental Illnesses
- Allies in Recovery
- "Clinical Introduction to Eating Disorders" - presentation by Keri Clifton of The Emily Program Foundation, 6/2014
- "De-Escalation Techniques Used in a Crisis" - presentation by Ralph Nyquist, Itasca County Crisis Response Team, 6/2014
- "Protecting Their Futures: Finding and Helping Stressed Children and Families" - presentation by Chris Bray, U of MN Ambit Network, 5/2015
- "Hoarding FAQ" - presentation by Madysin Carmen of The Hoarding Project, 10/2015
- "RAP (Rapid Advance Planning) Program and Crisis Intervention Training for Law Enforcement" - presentation by Lucas Thompson (Itasca County Jail) & Megan Gerak, 1/2016
- "Public Assistance and Employment in Itasca County" - presentation by Marian Barcus and Terri Friesen, 9/2016
- "40 Years - Voices for Change" - presentation by Sue Abderholden, Executive Director of NAMI Minnesota, 10/2016
- Psychiatric Health Care Directives - presentation by Patricia Siebert, MN Disability Law Center, 4/2017
- "Itasca County Wellness Court" - presentation by Judge Kory Wahwassuck, Abby Kuschel, participants, 9/2017
- "Grassroots Organizing - Building Our Mental Health System" - presentation by Sam Smith of NAMI Minnesota, 1/2018
To volunteer to be a presenter, teach classes or facilitate support groups, complete the application forms.